Get all the answers you need.
Why Choose ADT?
- ADT is the nation's #1 home monitoring provider.
- ADT was founded over 140 years ago. Since then, we have led the way in home security protection- using only the latest technology and resources for your home security.
- Over 6 million people depend on ADT for their home protection needs throughout North America.
- You'll be 3x less likely to experience a home invasion.
- 2,000,000 home invasions happen each year.
- Home burglaries are expensive, costing the average victimized home over $1,700.
- You can save up to 20% on your homeowner's insurance (1).
- ADT protects against home emergencies, such as: burglaries, fires, carbon monoxide leaks and medical emergencies.
- ADT dispatchers quickly alert emergency personnel of your specific emergency situation.
- You are never alone: our two-way speaker system allows you to speak directly to an ADT dispatcher.
- Stay connected to your home; remotely receive text/email notifications and alerts.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT & SYSTEM WARRANTEES
Is customer support provided 24/7?
Yes, and that includes 24/7 support online, over the phone and via email. We know that emergencies or other issues aren't planned or scheduled.
What type of warrantees does ADT provide?
- If you move, our Mover's Security Guarantee (2) entitles you to a new monitoring system.
- If something happens to your home (while the alarm system is armed), our Theft Protection Guarantee will cover up to a $500 insurance deductible.
If the power goes out for any reason...whether it's due to inclimate weather, etc., what will happen?
ADT monitoring systems are equipped with a 24-hour backup battery. This will keep your system operating like normal (for up to 24 hours) without any power. Once the power returns, the backup battery will be recharged.
HOMES WITHOUT LANDLINES
What if I don't have a landline?
It's okay if you don't have a landline. CellGuard provides full wireless coverage to cellphone owners.
How can I get CellGuard technology through ADT?
CellGuard is available through several ADT packages, including the Cellular Package, Total Protection Plus, and ADT Pulse. Packages that have CellGuard are more dependable than that with a landline since it is more dependable in the event of an emergency.
What are other advantages of an ADT package with CellGuard?
When it comes time for installation, the one of the biggest conveniences for you as a homeowner or renter is that no drilling into your walls is required. Being a wireless, a CellGuard-backed system communicates with an ADT monitoring center the same way your phone gets it signal through cell towers.
On top of this, you won't have to worry about an intruder cutting your landline in order to disable your security system.
MONITORING EQUIPMENT & PACKAGE OPTIONS
What equipment will I receive?
There are different package types, but these equipment features come standard:
- Digital touchpad control panel
- Key Fob remote for instant access
- 24-hour backup battery
- PIR motion sensors that are pet-friendly
- High-decibel siren
- Wireless door & window sensors
- Outside yard sign & window decals
Are there different package options?
Yes. We know every home has different home security needs, which is why we provide unique monitoring packages. These include:
- Basic Package
- Basic Wireless
- ADT Pulse®
What is ADT Pulse?
ADT Pulse is a remote and hands-on solution to home security protection. It allows you to monitor your home via an Internet-enabled smart device. With Pulse, you can remotely turn lights on/off, adjust the thermostat, arm/disarm the alarm system and manage household appliances.
How does it work?
Z-Wave wireless technology makes ADT Pulse possible. It allows your home devices to communicate to one another under a single wireless network. You can then remotely monitor and regulate that network via the online ADT Pulse portal- your home's new command center.
What is Z-Wave Wireless Technology?
Z-Wave is a wireless technology syncs devices together. They are able to communicate with each other and be remotely managed via an Internet-enabled mobile device.
Is ADT Pulse offered everywhere?
ADT Pulse is available in many U.S. cities. To make sure it is available in your specific area, please contact a customer service representative.
NEW CUSTOMER PROMOTIONS
Are there any promotions for new ADT customers?
Yes, new customers can get a FREE* home security system, along with a $100 Visa gift card.